Recovery Card

ORCA Recovery Card

UPDATE: The Recovery Card Program has been extended to Othello and Rainier Beach. If you are an employee of an eligible food service or grovery in Othello/Rainer Beach, you may apply to receive an ORCA Recovery card by filling out an application form HERE. This form is available in:

Employees of eligible grocery and food service businesses in the Chinatown-International District and Pioneer Square can continue to apply for the Recovery Card Program by filling our online form HERE.  This form is available in:

All card benefits are active through December 31, 2022.

What is the ORCA Recovery Card?

The ORCA Recovery Card is a temporary, unlimited, and full-subsidized ORCA card provided to food service and grocery/ convenience store employees who work at a business in Pioneer Square, the Chinatown/International District, Othello, or Rainier Beach. 

The pass is valid for use on King County Metro, King County Water Taxi, Seattle Streetcar, Seattle Center Monorail, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Transit, and Everett Transit. The ORCA cards may not be used on Washington State Ferries. 


In November 2020, Seattle voters approved STBD Proposition 1. The six-year proposition included an ordinance asking the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) to support transportation access for Essential Workers in Seattle. 

How Can I Get a Card?

Do You Qualify for the Recovery Card?

To qualify for a Recovery card, your workplace must meet four requirments:

  • It must be classified as a food service or grocery business.
  • It must reside within our designated geographic boundaries
    • CID/Pioneer Square boundaries outlined HERE.
    • Othello/Rainier Beach boundaries outlined HERE.
  • The business must not have more than 5 locations in the City of Seattle.
  • The business cannot already provide a comparable transportation benefit. 

Eligible applicants can complete a registration form. 

Othello and Rainier Beach Applicants

Fill out an online application form HERE if you work at an eligible grocery or food service business. Please note that completing the form does not guarantee that you will receive a card. This form is available in:

Pioneer Square and CID Applicants

You can access an online version of the form HERE if you work at an eligible grocery or food service business in the Chinatown-International District or Pioneer Square. Please note that completing the registration form does not guarantee that you will receive a card. This form is available in English, Spanish (español), Simplified Chinese (简体中文), Traditional Chinese (繁體中文), and Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt).

How Can I Replace a Lost Card?

If you lost your ORCA Recovery card, we're happy to mail you a replacement card for free to your home address! Just email us at with your name, phone number, and/or email that you provided when you first applied for the program so we can verify your participation. Do NOT fill out a new application for a card. 

Additional Questions? 

Email us at